Gorgo.Live.ToString()

Mariusz, Gorzoch tech Blog

No exact match was found

leave a comment »

Every thing was working fine, till today, when suddenly “people picker” control stop accepting users from the domain where my SharePoint box is placed. Woow… I was completely lost as I have no idea what can cause this problem. I’ve checked machine configuration (server was still inside domain), DNS, ping-pong to domain and everything was fine. The only exception was SharePoint itself as he stop accepting my domain users and only let to use local box users.

On the end I found this post : http://suguk.org/blogs/sharepointhack/archive/2009/02/05/16960.aspx 

it says that to correct “people picker” AD search properties you need to issue two commands:

1. stsadm –o setapppassword –password MyPassword 

2. stsadm -o setproperty -pn peoplepicker-searchadforests -pv domain:YourDomain.com,domain\user,password –url relevant web application

I did it and my “People picker” was working fine again.

If you encounter similar problem – try this.

Advertisements

Written by Mariusz Gorzoch

6 October 2009 at 14:36

Posted in Bez kategorii

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: