Gorgo.Live.ToString()

Mariusz, Gorzoch tech Blog

Adding new languages to existing .net app

leave a comment »

Today I stuck in quite strange think around resources files. I have app with needed to by localized. What I did I’ve extracted all label and stuff around it to “resx” files,

put then in “App_GlobalResources” folder, compile app and I was in home till the moment when I decided to add localization for Denmark.

when I did it and trying to start my app I found this strange message:

“The namespace “Resources” already contain a definition for….”…

on the end reason of that was that when project is compiled vs is checking if the “localization code” (“DK” in my case) is recognized country iso-code and if not, then he is just treating it like new resources. Going further this new resources is compiled and because system is omitting “.dk.” he is created behind class with the name used by the “base” resource file.

so… when you adding new localization to you app – then check before if this code is recognized by VS. For reference here is some blog post around that :

Advertisements

Written by Mariusz Gorzoch

12 February 2010 at 16:25

Posted in Bez kategorii

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: