Gorgo.Live.ToString()

Mariusz, Gorzoch tech Blog

Archive for April 2011

Missing BAM Excel plug-in

with one comment

I’m playing lately a lot with BizTalk and yesterday I’ve tied BAM. Unfortunately with my surprise I didn’t get BAM Excel tab on the ribbon menu. I goggle around that and found that I just need to enable it in the Manage Excel ADD-in. Unfortunately again, in my case this plug-in was not available there.

After digging, searching thru the list of files on my machine I found that this plug-in is located “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010\ExcelDir\Bam.xla”. Once I founding then it was easy…. I’ve just went to Manage Excel ADD-in window and added BAM plug-in thru browse functionality. Once done… I get a new BAM tab on Excel :

image

My environment:

  • BizTalk 2010
  • Office 2010 32bit
  • Windows 2008 64bit

Written by Mariusz Gorzoch

21 April 2011 at 13:03

Posted in BizTalk 2010

Tagged with

Adobe PDF iFilter 9 for 64-bit and MOSS 2007

leave a comment »

Yesterday I had to correct issue on our intranet environment around search engine not crawling  PDF document contents. Bellow you can find useful pages with help me to resolve that :

1. Adobe PDF iFileter 9 download page : http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4025&fileID=3941 

2. Instruction how to set-up machine hosting indexing service : http://blog.techgalaxy.net/archives/831 

3. Microsoft description how to adjust registry on the server : http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555209

4. ArcoExch.Document as a description of PDF file type on central administration : http://discoverlars.wordpress.com/2010/01/20/adobe-pdf-ifilter/ <- in nut shell this name is OK

After performing steps 1 to 3 (where 3 is actually included in step 2) I performed restart of osearch service and started full crawl. On the next day I was able to search for words/phrases thru MOSS search.

Written by Mariusz Gorzoch

20 April 2011 at 09:59

Posted in SharePoint

AudienceManager in context of w3wp

leave a comment »

SharePoint is powerful platform, but it has also his nasty dark corners. Today I discover one of them when I deploy my solution to production and for some reason it was working for me (full admin on farm), where it did not work for any other normal users. For some reason if someone with normal/read privileges tried to use my solution he get “Access denied” message.

at the end this was caused by this peace of code:

AudienceManager audManager = new AudienceManager();
Audience globalAudience = audManager.GetAudience("All site users");

and there is nothing wrong with that code. It works quite ok in dev environment with admin rights, but if run by normal users then this is throwing exception “Access denied” on internal “CanAccess” method.

more over the some issue appears for construction like this:

Audience aud = audManager.GetAudience(new Guid(aID))

happily there is simple work around to that by instead of using GetAduience method you will use Audiences enumerator and check item by item for the item you are looking for. To simply this I wrote simple extensions method to AudienceManager and you can find them bellow:

public static class AudienceManagerExtensions
{
    public static Audience GetAudienceByNameEx(this AudienceManager audManager, string AudienceName)
    {
        foreach (Microsoft.Office.Server.Audience.Audience objAudience in audManager.Audiences)
        {
            if (objAudience != null && objAudience.AudienceName == AudienceName)
            {
                return objAudience;
            }
        }
        throw new ArgumentOutOfRangeException("AudienceName", AudienceName, "Cannot be found");
    }     public static Audience GetAudienceByGuidEx(this AudienceManager audManager, Guid AudienceID)
    {
        foreach (Microsoft.Office.Server.Audience.Audience objAudience in audManager.Audiences)
        {
            if (objAudience != null && objAudience.AudienceID == AudienceID)
            {
                return objAudience;
            }
        }
        throw new ArgumentOutOfRangeException("AudienceID", AudienceID, "Cannot be found");
    }
}

imageHope that this will help someone to solve this problem quicker then me. I’ve spend few days looking for that answer. http://robswssblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/access-denied-on-audienceglobalcanacces.html

Written by Mariusz Gorzoch

18 April 2011 at 16:13

Posted in SharePoint